DRIVER IMPROVEMENT CLASSES
EARN 5 SAFE POINTS ON YOUR DRIVING RECORD…
The 8 hour Driver Improvement Program (DIP) is licensed by the Virginia DMV and the curriculum is the National Safety Council (NSC) Defensive Driving Course, which created the first defensive driving course in 1964 and has been the leader in driver safety training ever since.
Our expert instructors at our Hampton Roads driving school location discuss a wide variety of subjects, including effective defensive driving techniques, distracted driving, impaired driving, aggressive driving, traffic rules, police law enforcement, traffic court preparation & tips and DMV guidelines. All of our instructors have many years of driving instruction experience.
Driver Improvement courses do not have to be boring, but rather enjoyable and informative at the same time. Whether you are a beginner or seasoned driver, you will find our DIP class to be educational and eye opening.
- Certificate of completion can help you:
- Earn five (5) good points on your Driving Record
- Prevent license suspension or reinstate license with DMV
- Get a ticket DISMISSED or REDUCED in traffic court
- Reduce auto insurance premium
- Improved knowledge of practical & effective defensive driving techniques
- Traffic court preparation, tips & guidance provided
Register Online Here for $70!
- Check the Class Calendar to view the upcoming class schedule, before selecting date and location.
- Payment & Registration must be made online! Registration is open for each class up until 10pm the evening before the class. Only on Saturday morning 8:30am classes are Walk-ins welcome. On Saturday class you must arrive by 8:30am sharp and pay by CASH, CREDIT, DEBIT or MONEY ORDER
- Absolutely NO CHECKS allowed!
- Taught at conveniently in Central Hampton Roads at our Portsmouth, Virginia location; Offered multiple times 7 days a week
- View Upcoming DIP Class Schedule
- Course workbook & supplies provided
- Workbook available in Spanish
- The Virginia DMV requires all courses be a full eight (8) hours of instruction, not including breaks.
- Lunch break issued in class
- At the end of the course, students take a multiple-choice test
- Upon meeting course requirements, students are issued a certificate of completion same day
- DO NOT lose or misplace your certificate. There is a $25 fee for re-issuing certificates
- Within 24hrs of completing the course, we will electronically update your DMV record to reflect the course!
- We have direct access with the Virginia DMV online system
Online Driver Improvement Class: $65
Also Available is our Online Class. Learn more here